Sunday, April 09, 2006

"How can we know the dancer from the dance?"
~William Butler Yeats

Let everything happen to you because It's really all OK...right here and right now......being Just as It is!! And remember, the so-called "purpose" of any dance is not for the dancer's body to end up in some final, frozen position. The real "purpose" of any dance is only found in the actual dancing of the Dance! So, whatever happens to show up in your drama, just keep on dancing right where you are!
~Chuck Hillig

The mirror is not you. The mirror is you looking at yourself.
~George Balanchine

When I dance, I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole, that is why I dance.
~Hans Bos

So you can't dance? Not at all? Not even one step? . . .How can you say that you've taken any trouble to live when you won't even dance?
--Hermann Hesse

No, I can't explain the dance to you; If I could say it--I wouldn't have to dance it!"
~Isadora Duncan

First comes the sweat. Then comes the beauty if you'revery lucky and have said your prayers.
~George Balanchine

In life as in dance: Grace glides on blistered feet.
~Alice Abrams

A dancer's life:
1. Beginning dancer. Knows nothing.
2. Intermediate dancer. Knows everything. Too good to dance with beginners.
3. Hotshot dancer. Too good to dance with anyone.
4. Advanced dancer. Dances everything. Especially with beginners.
~Attributed to Dick Crum, a folk dance teacher

No comments: