Monday, October 17, 2005

Life is not a trial run

I could take it as interesting that that was said in relation to the hsc. I really don't want to do work at the moment. Seems like a waste of my time. Therefore, I need to learn to view it as just as important as other things, or just another part of life, or something that allows me to do it rather than constantly thinking I should be doing something because it's wasting my life.
I guess it is a part of life just as important as all the rest because it is. I am just afraid of losing myself in the perpetual motion, highly strung mindset of work and then ending up like all those others who can't sit still for ten minutes and just enjoy what's around them.

Anyway, life is not a trial run.

Love to all.

4 comments:

Pastichna, aka Kristina said...

how do i do that, ay?

Pastichna, aka Kristina said...

I found out!
Thanks bob!

Anonymous said...

I don't see how or why, if you don't see the HSC as an important aspect of life, you should choose or force yourself to view it as an important aspect of life. Because it isn't. If it doesn't make you happy, it isn't. Sure, in this particular society "success" is often measured by academic abilities, career choices and at the end of the day, money. But I'd like to think that most people realise there's more to life and the essence of a person than a fucking mark ranking your supposed academic abilities (albeit in very particular conditions in a condensed period of time) against a bunch of other 17 & 18 yr olds.

Anonymous said...

By the way, my actual point is: don't waste a moment of your life doing any less than what you want, what you see as valuable to your growth and experience in life. Who knows, you could die in a year. And personally I'd like to reflect back and think "I had great friends who I spent great friends with, and I enjoyed the simplistic beauty of life" rather than "I got 99.6 for my UAI".
Enjoy life. Live for the moment ;)
Mwah..Love!
I'm replying to a really old blog of yours. But it feels like the thing to do at the time :)